GG's Divine Queer Posse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Special Mission, Team Z

+2
Plume
Joule
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Special Mission, Team Z Empty Special Mission, Team Z

Post by Joule Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:01 pm

Breaking news.

The holographic letters flashed in red at the top of the 3v. Those news were all that was showing on most channels that morning. It had happened quickly, overnight. They were still not certain how. Several criminals had broken out of the Devoid, and were now roaming free out there. Several attempts had been made to locate them, but to no avail. The whole city was on alert, and the media were not helping the situation one bit. Several groups of powereds were already rising up, demanding answers, justice, causing trouble.

It was one of those groups that the DQP had been called to deal with. A party of rebels who had taken over one of the Herology Institute research facility buildings at the edge of the city. The mission was a delicate one - they had to move quickly and quietly. It had been decided that their forces would be split in two:

Team Z would charge ahead, trying to zap some sense into the rebels. They would take out their defences, and if they were still met with resistance, they would answer in kind. Their goal would be to contain the enemy powereds without completely destroying the building, as important and expensive equipment was held there.

Team I would hang back, and investigate. There was a chance that these uprisings were connected to the escaped villains, and it was important to find clues connected to the case, as discreetly as possible. While Team Z and the rebels would be distracted, fighting, Team I would sneak into the building and quietly try to find information on their activities and motives. Quietly, GG had stressed repeatedly, staring at Joule and Kade.

The names of the people on each team flashed on a different screen.

Team Z

Freefall/Evan
Phoenix/Nathan
Griffin/Dax
Rush/Jane
Plume/Luca
Sci-Fly/Kevin
Knight/Jackie
Light/Spencer
Copycat/Elijah
Divergence/Trevor

Team I

Joule/Nathaniel
Zenith/Kade
Caeneus/Nicky
Urban/Nathan
Flora/Libra
Acrylic/Rachel
Leviathan/Max
Herald/Arayda
Spellsword/Jacquine
Guardian/Earl
Sci-Fly/Kevin

Each team was lead to a separate room for their briefing.

Last edited by Joule on Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Joule
Joule
Admin

https://divinequeerposse.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Special Mission, Team Z Empty Re: Special Mission, Team Z

Post by Joule Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:38 pm

"You're our offensive team. Still, your every move must be careful, controlled. We cannot afford to lose the entire building. It is also best that the rebels are taken out and kept alive. However... accidents do happen, and as this is an emergency, we are willing to... overlook certain things. Make sure you keep them distracted enough for Team I to make their way inside undetected. Also, keep civilian casualties to a minimum. You will be responsible for protecting the people of the surrounding area.

As far as the rebels go, we do not have much information on them. We know that they are armed, and that their powers are mostly technology based. There is the possibility that they have been provided advanced weapons by the escaped villains, so stay on guard. They will most likely be prepared, expecting our attack, and you will have to deal with the building's first line of defence. Thankfully it is not a military facility, so there shouldn't be anything to extreme, but there will be drones, and long distance plasma guns. Once you are in through the main gate, bring the fight to you, and keep them occupied, there.

Are we clear?"

Last edited by Joule on Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Plume Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:52 pm

Luca pinched the bridge of his nose, letting out an irritated sigh. He wrote 'defensive/stealth' in his application for a reason.

These fucking idiots don't know how to read. Or know how to make slugging teams.

He suppose he could create a vapour shield and suffocate the criminals. That seemed pretty efficient. 

Scratching his chin in thought, he shrugged and headed for the briefing room.
Plume
Plume

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:58 pm

GG hadn't voiced his concerns for the team arrangements. He simply 'hm'd and 'aaa'd through the briefing from the higher ups, and though he frowned at their choices, he didn't question them. Perhaps this was some kind of test. A way to get the heroes to work on their weaker points. That would make sense. Except lives were at stake here. It was a different matter when it came to training, but this was a real mission. Still, they should be fine. It was only a simple one, they should have no trouble carrying it out.

Last edited by Joule on Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:50 am

Controlled. Their every move had to be controlled. Anyone who had a look at Nathan's personal files knew that that word did not apply to him. It was even worse because of the location they were going, and the fact that if Nathan couldn't keep himself under control, it would all burn down, and anyone who couldn't get out fast enough were doomed. Who the hell had thought that was a good idea? He had a long history of accidentally starting raging infernos that killed people and destroyed everything in their paths.

As Nathan sat in the briefing room, his arms folded over his chest, you could practically feel the anger coming off of him, and maybe the room was hotter than normal because of it. Nathan didn't want to do this mission, he didn't want to be there, he didn't want to be on any offensive team. Offence was his style, yes, but when it was absolutely necessary. Whoever had made the teams obviously had their heads up their asses.

Nathan was less then impressed and had every intention to abandon the mission the moment he could, no matter what the punishment for such an action would be. It was better for everyone that way.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffin Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:16 am

When he'd been told that there was a new mission that was going to get assigned to them, Dax didn't know what to think. On one hand, he was glad that he'd be able to do something out there again, and on the other, he was worried about being assigned to what is essentially the 'offense' team. Not that he was against it, of course- he'd done direct approaches before, especially while he was flying solo before joining the DQP. So it wasn't that he wasn't accustomed to offensive approaches. He couldn't put a finger on it, but he did note how odd it was that they were going to put two of their loudest members in the stealth team. Weren't they better fit for Team Z's job?

He shook his head and headed into the room team Z was lead into, and he nudged his childhood friend on the arm. If it was a stroke of luck or not, it was reassuring the guy was on his team.

"Hey, Luca," he started, keeping his tone low, "don't you find this all kinda... I don't know, weird?"
Griffin
Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Plume Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:49 am

The Italian shook his head and slung an arm around the younger man, relieved that he was on his team. 

"Puttana, I just want to get this over with, passero. I came up with a strategy that saves energy and time, but I'm just waiting for everybody else's ideas. If they ever get here."

His eyes scanned the room, and all was good until he saw him sitting opposite them. One thing that still got on his nerves was the fact that Nathan was in the team. He still hasn't forgiven him for the kitchen incident, probably never will.
Plume
Plume

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffin Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:35 am

"We don't know how many rebels are out there, but yeah, if ever it comes to it, we'll need all the help we could get, huh?" Dax patted the other's back before folding his arms across his chest, wondering how he'd be able to conserve energy on his own, too. As one who relied mostly on agility, he was lower on power and stamina, so he'd have to play it smart. 

He allowed his gaze to follow Luca's and blinked when he'd noted Nathan in front of them. Of course he knew, what with the Italian telling him of what had transpired. It wasn't exactly a secret that Luca was going to be apprehensive, and Dax was more than willing to take his side if ever, but for now, he'd remain as neutral as he possibly could. 

He sighed. Perhaps it'd be better to decide to think positively of the matter at hand. The team lineup was going to work well. Ish.
Griffin
Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:27 pm

What was better than knowing you were on a team with someone who hated your guts? Castration.

Nathan frowned even more because he could already sense that there was going to be problems on this team. Even more of a reason for him to get out of there as soon as possible. Nathan didn't hate people, but when people purposefully tried to upset someone he cared for as an act of revenge for him saying something stupid while he was panicking, well, he wasn't happy with that. And he already figured Luca would be against listening to anything he had to say if they ever got around to making a plan and Dax would side with him. And Freefall would side with Dax if he ever showed up. The Sci-Fly would side with them as well. It was safe to assume everyone would side against him. He had been having a damn panic attack.

Who on earth had created the teams? Because Nathan felt it was necessary to give them a very stern talking to. Joule and Kade on the stealth thing, and this. Was there anyone on this team who Nathan even remotely could trust? It didn't seem like it. Great. At least he had made sure to take his medication that morning, so hopefully he wouldn't burst into flames randomly. There was at least that to hope for.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Plume Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:21 am

Focus. This is a mission, doesn't matter how shit the teams are. Get over it for now and get the job done as soon as possible.

The Italian remembered the last time a grudge got to him during an assignment. Yeah, that's definitely not happening again.

He sighed and resigned to his fate, patting Dax's shoulder before heading over to Nathan. Raising a brow, he gave the man a once-over, unimpressed.

"Look, I hate being in the same team as much as you do. Especially me. But I want this done and over with so I can fucking sleep this shit off, yeah? We," he shuddered a bit, "have to work together. As a team." Another shudder ran through his body. Oh, Luca did not like saying that at all. 

If Nathan doesn't even try to control himself or make himself less of a nuisance, Luca will seriously try to suck the life out of him.

"Just lay off the excess smoke, contribute to the strategy and don't fuck up when you're out there. And maybe I'll start to think of you less like a pubescent kid."
Plume
Plume

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:14 am

They were to travel together, as a team. Up till now, each hero made their own way to the location of the mission, but this time they were to use the team vehicle, and impressive beast which could easily fit all of them. Thankfully, with the number of heroes out in the streets, there were all kinds of strange, fancy, and bold vehicles out in the street, so they wouldn't stand out too much. Besides, it featured comfortable seats, a surface for holo-graphs and maps to be shown in, and a fairly decent sound system with a library of over ten-thousands songs.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:32 pm

Nathan looked at Luca, quirking an eyebrow in response to what the other was saying.

"I do realize we have to work as a team, and all outside tensions, problems, relations, or whatever aren't to interfere with the mission. I'm not stupid. However, if someone should be upset about this team's roster, it shouldn't be you, since you don't have to worry about suddenly having most of the members turn on you," he said, arms folded over his chest. He didn't appreciate how the other was talking to him either. Considering he was one of the only members on the team who was meant for offensive attacks like this and the only one who probably couldn't die, it would be nice if he could be treated with some respect. He was willing to lay his life on the line for these people as a human shield, if necessary. No matter how he felt about them.

"Now, how about I say this in retaliation: I wish you all the best in the mission, and that you manage to come out of this unharmed. Just keep your vapour away from my fire, and there should be very little smoke, and do realize that my power involves fire, which is wild in behaviour naturally, even if I can control it which takes a lot of concentration, so if you do see flames of any sort, keep a wide berth from it."

If anyone was going to be a nuisance, it was going to be one of the people who were meant for defence. Nathan had to put all his focus in wielding his powers, so anyone who wound up getting burned would have no one to blame but themselves. If Nathan had to resort to that, he wouldn't be able to fight and keep an eye out for everyone as well. It was either focus on his flames completely, or risking losing control of them and burning the building down with everyone in it. Plus, the stress of trying to do both at once would probably cause him to give into a fit of anxiety. No one needed that.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffin Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:19 pm

Dax blinked as his friend had gone ahead and approached Nathan, and he almost stopped Luca from doing so, if it weren't for the recurring thought in his head that it was none of his business to begin with. So he stood back against a wall and watched the two warily. 

It wasn't surprising to see that Luca was agitated, and Nathan's response was, well, to be expected. Still, he felt that he should add something, like, "Nathan, no one said anyone was going to turn on you. We're all professionals here." Surely the man didn't think that negatively of the others on this team... He felt himself bristle at the hostility of his tone towards Luca. So far, Nathan had been pretty much nice to Dax, and he tried to maintain a positive image of him so far. Having had enough of these two and their passive-aggressive exchange, he pushed himself off the wall he was leaning on. 

"Alright, guys, timeout," he said, approaching the two and putting a hand on Luca's shoulder. He knew the Italian was going to burst soon after Nathan's response, and now was not the time. "Let's just agree to work together on this. Heck, you two can be as far away from each other as you like during the mission, whatever works so your powers don't interfere. Leave the arguments for later and focus, and do our best. Okay?"
Griffin
Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Plume Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:30 pm

"I have every right to be upset, novizio. Don't think you're that special," he spat, Dax intervening before he said anything else.

Luca scoffed at Nathan's comment. He was perfectly capable of controlling his powers, thank you very much. 13 years of training with his father vouched that.

"Vacuums are a waste of energy, especially on powers that aren't properly controlled."

Why the hell did the DQP even accept someone who couldn't control his powers properly? That was dangerous for all of the contestants.

Slugger, Luca didn't have time to deal with this guy, who basically just ignored what he said and reopened lingering wounds.

Ugh, this is definitely not his day.
Plume
Plume

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:44 pm

Nathan had said nothing about Luca's ability to control his powers. And he had been trying to be nice. He had really meant it when he had wished him luck, and he had warned him to stay away when he used his powers. Nathan didn't want to burn anyone. He had been trying to make sure the others knew-- Slugger it, whatever. Obviously he was wasting his breath and just digging himself into a deeper hole.

Nathan sighed, shaking his head. Just stay calm. He wasn't even planning on staying around for the full mission anyway. He was a walking hazard, and it was better if he just vanished.

Hell, if it were for the stupid contract, he would have quit the DQP long ago. He didn't belong here. He wasn't meant to work with a team on a mission that he couldn't refuse to do.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Freefall Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:25 pm

"Yo, I think it's chill out time." Evan said as he showed up to the group catching only the tail end of the conversation. He'd gone as quick as he possibly could have when he got the mission brief. He put his hand gently on Dax's back. He knew which ways his loyalties would be if he was forced to choose but now was not the time nor the place. Nor was this the important matter at hand.

"We've gotta go into this with a plan or one, if not, all of us are going to get hurt." He tried to hide how his eyes drifted to Dax when he said that and he swallowed. "We haven't necessarily got the most ideal mix of powers so we've gotta really think this through before we make a move."

"We've all got a mission to do, lets do it right." When Evan worked he really worked.
Freefall
Freefall

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:16 am

"You guys would probably be safer attacking from a distance, and we need to bring the fight to us, so I think I have an idea," Nathan said, already bracing himself for an onslaught of disagreement. "I could easily draw the attention of the enemy, and bring them to us. You guys could stay out of sight and when most of them are in one spot, then you could join into the fray, giving you the element of surprise. Since the mission for us is to pretty much beat the badies up and keep them from attacking the other team, there isn't much we can really do to ensure everyone's safety."

Nathan paused for a moment, rubbing his neck. "But if we do an ambush, it means there is less of a chance of you guys getting hurt. And since I'm fairly certain they can't possibly hurt me permanently, I'd be the best bait. If the attention's on me at first, they won't even think to look for you guys. So if we're going to try and keep everyone alive, that may be our best bet."

He fell silent, wondering if he would be accused of trying to be the hero, or if there would be some snide remark about how it would be best if he did lay his life on the line. Even if he really wasn't. Unless they could depower him though he doubted they would have the technology to do that, and even if they did, he certainly wouldn't mind.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffin Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:43 am

Dax frowned as Nathan explained his plan, then released a sigh. 

"It's not the best, but it's a plan, I guess," he said, rubbing his chin. "So, Nathan, you lure them out into the open, and we attack from behind. It isn't part of the mission to actually kill any one of the rebels, and to be honest it'll be good to interrogate them if we could bring them into custody afterwards." 

Sure, Team I was in charge of getting information but whatever more they could get from the rebels themselves might prove useful. He didn't miss the way that Evan placed his hand on his back, and already he felt a bit more reassured.

"But of course we can't neglect the possibility that they know that it won't just be one person attacking them, because c'mon, who really does that, right? They'd probably think of it as a joke or something, get some to get after you, but the rest would be inside the building still." His brows were knitted as he continued thinking of other scenarios. "I think some of us could sneak into the building, somehow flush them out so we can attack them in the open with minimal property damage. Luca can cover us with his smoke bombs, right?"

Last edited by Griffin on Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Griffin
Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Plume Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:01 am

He lightly patted Dax's back in apology. He ended up getting too wound up. 

"Yeah, my smoke bombs would work. And I can protect the expensive equipment with my shields, too."

Luca would've preferred to knock them out quietly, but what could he do? There were a ton of enemies out there and this decoy thing might do the trick. 

"Right. It'll also be easier to take them down quicker if we divide the work. Maybe we can split into three. Group A could just be Nathan being decoy, Group B does damage control while Group C does the sneak attack shit." 

He wasn't exactly sure about the other member's powers, so they would probably have to start assigning once everybody was here.
Plume
Plume

Back to top Go down

Post by Freefall Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:46 pm

Evan frowned a little he had a bad feeling about splitting up for some reason but he sighed and shrugged. "It's a plan, but contact with each other needs to be air tight. We don't know exactly what we're facing, anti-powered tech is a high possibility, and we don't know the details of these other renegade heroes." Evan added. "We need to be ready for absolutely every thing so back up plan..."

He thought for a second looking around, they really did need the others to join them so they could plan this out properly. He was sure they'd manage but... "If things get out of hand find your nearest sub group and join them. Alert everyone, including the other team if possible of any important changes." He rubbed the back of his neck. "I should be able to distract with the clones, and my vector shields are pretty good, between Luca and I we should have a strong defense at least."
Freefall
Freefall

Back to top Go down

Post by Knight Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:33 pm

Upon entering the team vehicle, Jackie glanced around at the several heroes that had already taken a seat. She probably wouldn't have been so late if she hadn't spent all morning going over her striking techniques. The tension was thick in the air, whether it came from any anxiety from the upcoming mission, or from between the members themselves. Shrugging, she sat down across from them.

"...Hello."

She didn't really know what to make of this mission at this point, and the fact that she had been put on the offensive team was a bit of a surprise to her. Although she was more familiar with a defensive approach, it certainly didn't hurt to switch it up every now and then so she wouldn't get too rusty. 

Rubbing her right wrist, she began scrolling through the vehicle's song library until she came across a strangely fitting tune. Jackie pressed play, and sat back in her seat comfortably as it echoed through the car, tapping her foot to the beat.
Knight
Knight

http://ha1eyhoo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:49 am

The ride was comfortable, the vehicle never went over the speed limit, gliding gently on the road, trying to attract as little attention as possible. The time until they reached their destination was announced every ten minutes, and light refreshments were offered to each member of the team.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:43 pm

Nathan hated travelling in any sort of vehicle. It was too enclosed and he could smell the motor pumping out that disgusting smoke. It made his stomach twist uncomfortably even though the ride was insanely smooth. He hated vehicles. Couldn't they have walked? He knew that was a silly idea though.

Drumming his fingers against the side of the door, Nathan looked out at the passing scenery in an attempt to keep himself from spiralling into a fit of panic. All he had to do was stay calm, distract all the bad guys they would encounter, and hopefully not hurt any of his own teammates. Simple enough.

He still wanted to ditch the entire mission though.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Plume Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:50 pm

The Italian gave Jackie a small smile in greeting, choking on his spit as the song resonated through the vehicle.

Merda, Jackie, out of all the fucking songs...

Luca peered through the window, the mansion a blur in the background. Looks like the others just have to find another way to the site.

He nestled back into his seat and reviewed their 'strategy'. Well, a 'sort-of' plan. It was still pretty rough, but what else could they do? The others better get to them quick. As of now, they were short-handed, which was definitely not good for an offence team. 

Sighing, he decided to ease his nerves for now. Panicking wasn't going to do much good. He tapped his foot to the rhythm of that blasted song, mouthing the lyrics in between sips of his drink.

The calm (?) before the storm, he supposed.
Plume
Plume

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffin Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:28 pm

It was strangely appropriate that Jackie had chosen to cut the silence with such a song, and Dax couldn't help but scoff when it started playing. He looked up at his childhood friend, who seemed to have a similar reaction. 

He didn't expect bumps on the road seeing as how smooth the ride was, but he still hesitated in getting one of the drinks. His glance unknowingly went up towards Evan, then quickly moved to the other members in the vehicle, what little of them were present. 

Most of his worries were that the team was going to be uncoordinated with their rough plan, but also if he'd be able to help out as much as he could. He swallowed, then let out a sigh, leaning back in his seat. He chose to follow Luca's example and relax for the duration of the ride, else he mess up during the mission itself.
Griffin
Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next