GG's Divine Queer Posse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Special Mission, Team I

+3
Guardian
Zenith
Phoenix
7 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Special Mission, Team I - Page 2 Empty Re: Special Mission, Team I

Post by Guardian Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:54 pm

Studying blueprint prior to mission allowed Earl to have some safety if he were to get to the building. Since his ability wasn't really useful in offense, Earl preferred staying in safe place to cover people so they can go wild with their ability without harming him. He told Irene to mark certain areas on the blueprint to make sure that he would check those places out once mission began. He would be injured using his power anyway so he didn't wanted to increase the time spent on hospitals.

"Making sure that you are not hurt during the mission. Isn't that obvious?"

Earl answered Arayda's question without thinking much. That was another thing he was happy about this arrangement. Since they were on the same team, Earl had to worry less about Arayda getting injured during the mission. If it were to happen, probably he can stop her before that happens by either stopping her or using his power.

When Earl had brought his attention back to the table, he was certain that something had happened while he was checking the blueprint. He remembered hearing about climbing through the vent, which he didn't mind much if it was the only option they had, but somehow it seemed like it had shifted its plan again. And someone, who Earl wasn't quite familiar with, had decided to join Team I instead of Team Z. Humming softly to himself, Earl rested back on the chair and watched what was going on. Did it really matter what kind of power short brown haired male had? He didn't think so. If one found their ability more suitable for other team, he think it was fine to exchange it. It was not like any of his own power would be useful in offensive team anyway.

"So out of curiosity, and probably saving time for everyone who would be stuck looking for stuff, what exactly are we looking for in this mission? What kind of information are we looking for? GG mentioned finding information on their activities and motives but can we even do that if we take them out? Are we sneaking into listen to what the people are saying and try to figure out from there or are we going to go snatch someone and pull out information from them?"

Earl raised his voice, hoping that someone could give him clear answer. If they were to do the latter, his 'other' power would come in handy, but he was only going to use that power if it was absolutely necessary.

Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Waistcoat Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:13 am

Jacquine stood around the room while everyone else seemed to bicker about something. She wanted to say something but she couldn't find her voice to make any response, even when Acrylic asked her about constraints all she could do was nod.

Her heart was beating a little faster than it normally would and stomach felt funny. She figured it might be nerves but this didn't seem the case. Normally, the thought of a team mission would make her happy and excited but right now she felt lost, invisible and alone.
Waistcoat
Waistcoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Herald Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:22 am

Kevin saw a person approaching, smiling kindly to the odd soul who started conversation with him.

Oh, no introduction? Oh well.

"Technology Manipulation," he replied cockily, making a few one of the secondary lights above the vehicle flicker on and off. "Fiddling with programming is.. well my speciality."

Also I know next to nothing in terms of real combat experience so I'd be next to useless on the other team.

Keeping hush on his secondary powers. He held out his hand with a lopsided grin.

"Nice to know someone doesn't look like they've fallen out of the wrong side of the bed. I'm Kevin by the way. Codename..." He paused for a moment. "Sci."

-----

All the while, Arayda rolled her eyes at Earl's (typical) response. His presence meant the two were probably going to holding each other back on every movement. She wondered if the others were going to be aware this arrangement would likely work against the entire team.

Earl began to approach the others, however Arayda stood in place, (partly) listening from afar. Something about information and finding it. Seek. Take materials. Leave. Yawn.

Herald
Herald

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtieStroke Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:42 pm

Acrylic looked over at Scy Fly- they hadn't exactly been introduced yet so she didn't know about his powerset.
"Technology manipulation, huh? Alright, you can work with Zenith to hack the cameras and make it look like we're not even there."
She looked over the team list again, briefly, to formulate the rest of the plan.
"Alright, Scy Fly and Urban will run data retrieval on any computer databases we come across. Spellsword, Flora, and I will work capture and restraint. Joule get's us in and around; Caenus and Herald work offense; Guardian and Leviathan work defense- if we happen to stumble upon any guards. Everyone that's not some level of technopathic, keep an eye out for physical medium data. If there's some mastermind villain behind all this, Spellsword, Guardian, Leviathan and I will provide shield work and distraction for Joule to get the rest of you out first. We're playing this smart, and not taking any unnecessary risks."
She knocked on the divider between the passenger and driver part of the Queermobile, as she had dubbed it in her head, "Hey driver, what's the ETA?"
ArtieStroke
ArtieStroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Waistcoat Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:51 pm

Jacquine looked at Acrylic in awe. She seemed to give off an air of confidence and leadership she herself would never have. In some way Jacquine felt inspired by Acrylics organisation and planning skills mixed in with the authoritative figure. She could not help but beam at her a tiny smile on her face as she did so.

She is so cool.
Waistcoat
Waistcoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:44 am

[The Queermobile I'm dying.]

Joule preferred his own plan to Acrylic's. It relied more on himself, the only person he could really trust; after all, if you wanted to do something right, you had to do it yourself. And now he was stuck babysitting the team. How had he landed himself in this position?

This is so boring, I should have brought a crossword with me or something.

"Okay. Let's just get it together, and get it over with. We're almost there, and Team Z should have already arrived, wrecking havoc. As for what exactly we're looking for... Who cares? I mean sure they weren't awfully clear about it, but we'll find whatever we find when we get there. No point in worrying about it now."
Joule
Joule
Admin

https://divinequeerposse.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Waistcoat Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:59 am

Shifting uncomfortable where she sat Jacquine was still feeling down in the dumps despite her admiration for Acrylic. It was that those words she read in the report that had affected her the most.

Several criminals had broken out of the Devoid

Jacquine hugged her legs and buried her face in her knees as her thoughts whirled to her memories of her father. She wouldn't know what to do if he was one of the esacapees.
Waistcoat
Waistcoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenith Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:14 am

Cameras? Pff, easy. He nodded, feeling maybe a slight little bubble of amusement as Rachel went ahead and poked holes and reworked Joule's plan, quite happy to let her do all of the work. It was nice to have someone think about the whole team, at least. He may not really be suited to working in groups, but he wasn't an idiot either. Joule's idea to carry the entire mission was downright stupid- which he knew better than most. He had a habit of struggling or messing up under pressure, so the fact that he had the nerve to try and force everyone to rely on him was a fucking joke.

Of course, he did feel a bit irritated at himself for not thinking of what Kevin had done earlier, but what was he gonna do? Whatever, it was fine. Their side of the mission was very likely going to be easier, so once they were done he could always go and join up with Team Z and get in on the action.

He tapped his hands in his knees, starting to get a little anxious. That paranoia still hadn't gone away, and he was doing his best to ignore it- even so, the closer they got, the more twitchy he became.

"Are we there yet?"
Zenith
Zenith

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:51 pm

"Oh god, don't start that," Nicky said the moment she heard Kade ask if they were there yet. She had a younger brother and knew all too well how terrible those four words were. She could recall countless times in whch her brother would assault the family's ear drums with that question on any road trip, even if it was just five minutes. "We'll be there when the car parks, so there's no need to ask if we're there yet. This place is tense enough. Anything but 'are we there yet's if you don't mind."

She had already seen how childish some of the people in the car were. And blessed Rachel was somehow playing mother to them. Like a gift from God. Nicky really couldn't stand childish behaviour.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtieStroke Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:39 pm

Acrylic smiled, "Yes, Zenith- listen to your mother. We'll get there when we get there, or so help me mister I will turn this Queermobile around."

She chuckled a bit- no use going into this all stressed and pent up. A little humor could go a long way in a situation like this. Help people bond and such. Plus being the mother hen was a job she took 'super seriously'. And by 'super seriously' she meant she would take any opportunity to act like the bedeviled parental figure for the lols, as it were.
ArtieStroke
ArtieStroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Waistcoat Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:08 pm

Hearing Acrylics threat Jacquine's head perked up in surprised.

'If you do that we will not be able to do the mission' Jacquine said worriedly 'Do you not want to do it?'

She hugged her legs tighter for comfort thinking that Acrylic actually had the authority to do such a thing.
Waistcoat
Waistcoat

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtieStroke Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:43 pm

Acrylic chuckled, patting Spellsword on the shoulder, "It's a joke- a common thing parents tell their children as an empty threat if they're misbehaving in the car," she rolled her eyes, "You know, since I act like the team mom for some slugging reason."
ArtieStroke
ArtieStroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Waistcoat Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:16 am

Jacquine gave a thoughtful look, thinking over what Acrylic told her.

'You are not going to turn the van around because it was a joke' She said before flashing smile. 'I understand, it is funny'

She shuffled closer to Acrylic and laid her head on Acrylics shoulder.

'But I am not misbehaving. am I? '
Waistcoat
Waistcoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenith Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:18 am

Kade shot the two a glare as they pretty much told him off as if he were a child. Okay, yeah, he was being childish, but that wasn't the point. Point was, he was annoyed, anxious, and bored. He hated this part of missions. He'd have rather just flown ahead and got on with it himself, but they had to work as a team. so that meant putting up with being stuck in a vehicle that he didn't want to be in, with one or two people he didn't want to be around, and not to mention have to deal with the tension in the air.

So.

He was just going to keep being an irritating asshole. Would he get yelled at for this? Probably. Did he give a damn? No, not really. He wasn't exactly in the best of moods right now, and he felt like taking it out on something. Might as well be everyone else.

Looking at Nicky, then at Rachel, he stared at them both, and repeated: "Are. We. There. Yet."
Zenith
Zenith

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtieStroke Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:57 am

Acrylic shook her head, "No hon- you're totally fine."

And then Zenith decided to test her. She gave him a withering glare, then turned back to Spellsword, "Unlike SOME people who want to keep acting childish and will be treated as such," she sighed, "And to think I thought you were the more mature one, Zenith." Acrylic shook her head, disappointed.
ArtieStroke
ArtieStroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:06 am

"You thought Zenith was the more mature one?" Nat raised an eyebrow at Rachel. "How long have you even been in this group? Do you know us at all?"

Using Kade's hero name sounded strange; the sound from his mouth sounded foreign, distant. Kade was Kade, Zenith was just... a stranger. Which was fine. Because that was how things were. He didn't need Kade.

He glanced at the map, the dot indicating their location rapidly approaching their destination.

It's show time.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtieStroke Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:34 am

Acrylic frowned further and turned to Joule, "As compared to your constant showboating and one-upmanship? Yes. This isn't the 'Everyone Look at Joule' show, no matter how much of a hard on you've got for it being just that. It's a group effort and the sooner you learn that the sooner we can all stop screwing up missions."

God she hated having to be a downer like that, but some people just need an abrupt ego adjustment. And Joule was at the top of that shit list.
ArtieStroke
ArtieStroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:10 pm

Nicky looked over at Acrylic when she heard that, raising an eyebrow. How dare someone of her social standing speak to the other like that? It disgusted Nicky to see someone do such a thing, and she couldn't help but to crinkle her nose in disgust. Really, it was like people didn't realize who they're superiors were any more.

"What a disrespectful way to word it," she said monotonously, drumming her nails against her knee, eyes narrowed ever so slightly at Acrylic.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Waistcoat Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:28 pm

Lifting her head up Jacquine shuffled a little away from Acrylic, not because of what Nicky said but because of the tension between the four of them was growing thicker. She tightly grabbed the hem of her battle skirt trying her best to think of way to calm everyone down.

'Pl..please stop fighting' Was all she could managed in a feeble attempt.
Waistcoat
Waistcoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenith Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:29 am

It was always a bit strange to hear people using his hero name, especially since the name hadn't been his choice, but hearing it coming from Joule's mouth was downright bizarre. Wrong. Any feelings that crept up because of that, though, he shoved into a box and buried. He couldn't let this get to him. Not here. Not in front of everyone. Not while Joule was standing right there.

He sighed as he watched a fight threaten to start, mostly in part due to his actions He didn't care about Rachel's scathing look that she had given him, but he did care that by being immature, he'd sparked another argument. It was fine to let Joule get taken down a peg, however, it wasn't fine to see the mission already start looking as if it was going to fall apart because of him. His actions always had consequences, and he really needed to start addressing his 'acting before thinking' issue.

Should have thought about that earlier, idiot.

"Guys, c'mon, we don't need this right now. And I'm shutting up. Let's not start yelling at each other before we even get there."
Zenith
Zenith

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:03 am

"You are? My, that's a surprise." Joule grinned arrogantly at Kade, completely ignoring Rachel's comment. He didn't acknowledge what she had said, he didn't want to think about what she had said. She was wrong. It wasn't worth his time. None of this was.

He sat up in his seat as the Queermobile pulled over.

"Looks like out wonderful little chat is over for now~"
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtieStroke Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:18 pm

"Good- we can finally get to work, then." Acrylic said, popping open a door and stepping out- quickly taking stock of their location. She nodded, "Caenus, Herald- up front. Leviathan, Guardian, keep to the sides of the group. Our entrance shouldn't be too far."
ArtieStroke
ArtieStroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Waistcoat Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:09 pm

Jacquine took in a deep breath to calm herself, this being her first major mission, the tension between everybody and the thought her papa could be running about the city were weighing down on her heavily. She thought of her papa and how he used to look so confident before going to work.

Jacquine smiled at image how proud he would be of her for completing this mission. With that she was filled with confidence and hopped out of the vehicle with renewed enthusiasm.

'Let us go' She said with excitement.
Waistcoat
Waistcoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:28 am

Joule grew more quiet as they approached the building, as he always did when on missions. His silence was less because of focus and more because of nervousness. He couldn't afford to mess things up. Not again. Not this time. It had to be perfect. He had to be perfect. Flawless. He could do this. His powers were far greater than anyone else's, so he should definitely be capable of performing excellently.

"O-okay." His voice came out more shaky than he would have liked, despite the fact that he'd tried to sound as cocky and as confident as ever. "Gather round people, I'm going to bend light around us so they don't see us approaching."
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenith Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:54 am

Kade found himself constantly glancing in Joule's direction along the way. It was irritating, he didn't even want to acknowledge his presence, let alone keep... checking on him like this. Because that was what he was doing, and he knew it. For all his bravado, Joule often let nerves and stress get the better of him. Kade told himself that his worry was just for the mission, that it was because they were relying on Joule's powers so much and that, if he crumbled, they'd have to react quickly to keep everything from going fubar. That was what he told himself. But it didn't feel convincing.

Damn, he was glad he had his hood and goggles to hide behind. He couldn't have anyone, especially Joule, noticing that he actually seemed to care about him. Because he didn't. Or... couldn't. It was just better not to, since Joule had made it clear that he didn't want him to. He tried not to let it show as he stepped up to Joule's side- he said gather around, it's fine, nobody will notice.

"You sure you can handle it for this many people?" He had meant for it to sound like a scathing doubt of Joule's powers, but it came out sounding more like concern. God fucking damnit.
Zenith
Zenith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next