GG's Divine Queer Posse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Special Mission, Team I

+3
Guardian
Zenith
Phoenix
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Special Mission, Team I - Page 3 Empty Re: Special Mission, Team I

Post by Joule Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:19 am

"I'mfineI'vegotthis." He muttered all in one breath, stubbornly. Was Kade doubting his powers? Was he implying he thought he couldn't do it?

Or is he just worried?

No, he couldn't be worried, he couldn't be, because worry would mean that he cared, and Joule did not want anyone caring for him, he'd made that clear. Besides, Kade certainly hated him now, after the way he'd treated him.

Joule extended his hands sideways, beginning to bend light around the group, careful not to cause any distortions around them that would give away their position.

Focus. You can't mess this up. Everyone is depending on you. You need to keep them safe. You can't let anything happen to them. Any of them.

He took a few steps, motioning for everyone to follow. Was that Kade standing not too far from him? Why was he so close to the front? To him? It would be best if he went to the back.

"Ka- Zenith. Move to the back of the formation, movement will be easier that way."

If he messed up... it was safer at the back.
Joule
Joule
Admin

https://divinequeerposse.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtieStroke Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:19 pm

Acrylic kept her eyes peeled ahead- so far so good, no guards whatsoever. Still, she kept her staff in hand, and glanced over at Joule every so often. They denied it, but something definitely happened between Joule and Zenith.

'Keep your head in the game, girl,' She thought, and went back to keeping track of their surroundings.

"You're doing good Joule, keep it up- should be just around the corner," She said in a whisper barely above a breath. He was understandably nervous, a little reassurance couldn't hurt.
ArtieStroke
ArtieStroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Waistcoat Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:13 pm

Jacquine was growing concerned about Joule's concentration on his powers and pushing himself too far. She tapped on Acrylics shoulder to get her attention before whispering.

'Madam Acrylic, would you like me to make a bubble? It is incase we are surprised by the bad guys'
Waistcoat
Waistcoat

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtieStroke Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:08 pm

Acrylic shook her head, "Save your energy for if we actually do run into trouble. Just... be ready, okay?"

They started to round the corner to the back of the building. Acrylic didn't notice she had been holding her breath- hopefully there would be no guards at the rear entrance to stop them.
ArtieStroke
ArtieStroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Waistcoat Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:50 pm

Jacquine nodded but stayed close to Acrylic and Joule, mainly because if anything bad were to happen she would be able to produce a bubble to cover the entire group.

But the other reasons was, in some hopefully childish thought, that some of Acrylics confidence would rub off onto Jacquine. That, and their was faint sweet smell coming from Acrylic that calmed her.
Waistcoat
Waistcoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:53 pm

The area was quiet. A little too quiet, but then again they shouldn't complain, should they? It was better this way, easier. Still, Joule kept up the invisibility field, as he lead the group around, to the back on the Institute. Perhaps the rebels were all too busy fighting the other team at the front, and everything was going according to plan.

"Okay," he spoke in a hushed voice. "How do we get in? Gotta overwrite the system so the doors let us in. I'm hiding us from the cameras so we should be safe."
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtieStroke Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:23 pm

Acrylic nodded and waved at Scy Fly and Zenith to move up, "Scy Fly, Zenith- hack that door open, and try not to trip any alarms. We've still got the element of surprise, let's not waste it."
ArtieStroke
ArtieStroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenith Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:01 am

'Movement will be easier'. Bullshit, Joule just wanted him out of the way. Or... maybe he was trying to keep him safe. No, that was ridiculous. Joule didn't care about anyone other than himself. So he must have said that just to keep him away from him. Right. That had to be it. Even so, Kade still felt reluctant to do as he was told. If he was at the back, he would be away from Joule, and wouldn't be able to keep an eye on him in case he started to push himself too much, or if something bad happened.

Stop it, he doesn't care about you, and he doesn't want you caring about him, either.

He shoved the stupid remnants of feelings for Joule out of the way, they were only going to cause trouble, especially during the mission.

"No need for hacking, I've got a quicker way, " he said from the back, stepping up to the doors. Extending his hands towards them, he focused on the electricity inside the mechanism, directing it away from any alarms and towards the parts that would open them. "Tadaa," he muttered, waving an arm at the now open doors before stepping through.
Zenith
Zenith

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:26 pm

He'd gotten better at managing his stress. He really had. Yet his palms were still sweating, and his eyes were darting from one end of the room to the other. Still doing better than last time. He was still keeping the group hidden and moving forward. That was something. He was doing his part.

"I said get back," he whispered through gritted teeth as Kade stepped forth into the room. He shouldn't be charging forward like that, it was too dangerous.

Though as he glanced around, there was still no one to be seen. He wasn't sure whether he should be glad or unnerved. The place seemed clean, cups of coffee left on desks, as if it hadn't been abandoned or taken over for longer than a couple of days. They were unusually tidy, for rebels.

Moving the group forward, he pointed to the directions they were to begin looking for clues.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Waistcoat Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:19 pm

Entering the room with the group she made quick glances around the abandoned office. She would admit that these ruffians knew how to maintain themselves. Picking up a cup of coffee and examining it from every angle but there was nothing odd about it. Just a cold cup of coffee.

She gingerly raised her hand like a child in school would to answer a question.

'Mister Joule' She began 'What is it that we are looking for?'
Waistcoat
Waistcoat

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:55 pm

"Uh... well... I'll tell you exactly what we're looking for...." Joule scratched his head. What were they looking for? They'd said 'clues' but they had failed to specify exactly what kind. What was at work here? Who exactly were they up against?

He pushed the thoughts from his head as he moves faster through the building. "Just look for anything suspicious. And stay close. The stairs are that way, there might be something in the underground."
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtieStroke Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:02 am

Acrylic nodded in concurrence with Joule. Finally, he was beginning to act a little like a leader. She pointed to Sci Fly, "Try interfacing with the security system, see if you can spot anyone that's not us wandering the building."
After that little addition, she set to work- rifling through paper files while letting her MeChip interface and download files for later consumption. There's GOT to be something here.
ArtieStroke
ArtieStroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:45 am

Joule had a bad feeling in his stomach. Was it something he'd eaten? What had he eaten? Had he had something to eat? It would be unhealthy to go to a mission on an empty stomach. Why was he still thinking about food? It wasn't important right now.

"So let's do... stuff..." his voice trailed off as he nearly blew their cover, their invisibility momentarily flickering on and off. He took in several deep breaths to calm himself down.

You've got this. You're fine. It's fine. You won't screw up this time. You won't. It will all be okay. Your Legend won't drop anymore. People will keep adoring you. Your fans will still love you. It's all fine.

"Which way are we going again?" Joule turned to Acrylic, but his eyes darted from place to place, unable to focus on her. As his eyes flickered around nervously, he couldn't help but glance at Kade.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtieStroke Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:03 am

Jaine pinged her when she was done downloading the files off of that computer.
"Mainframe server should be in the.... basement." Acrylic said, reviewing the blueprints again, "We'll go down there, I'll try and see if any info on the public network I just downloaded can get us in." She made a circling motion with her finger and pointed towards the stairwell, "Form up, take the stairs. Joule, you handling everything okay?"
ArtieStroke
ArtieStroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:21 am

"Oh, the basement. How lovely," Nicky mumbled quietly to herself. She wasn't in the mood to really trust the other's powers at the moment. She would have much preferred it if she would have been allowed to do things on her own. She could have simply created a small guardian to go forth and find what they were looking for, keeping them all out of danger. And once the living hazard started to destroy the place, calling the attention of the bad guys to him, they could have sneaked in.

Of course, the building probably wouldn't stand long in such a case.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenith Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:30 am

Something was wrong. He wasn't sure what, but Kade could feel it. He was already tense enough as it is, but the moment he'd stepped through that door, that feeling had skyrocketed. Yes, this was a stealth mission, yes, they were supposed to not be noticed, but still. It was too quiet. Even with the people here concentrating on the other team, you'd expect to see at least some sign of them. But there was nothing.

And there was a familiar smell lingering in the air that he couldn't quite place.

"We're supposed to be looking for any connection between these idiots and the people who escaped the Devo-"

Wait. He knew that smell. Cigarette smoke. Burning tyres.

Dad.

The air snapped, becoming charged with electricity, as a mixure of anger and fear ran through him. He quickly regained control, leaving the room filled with static as he headed for the stairs.

"Someone's here." Of course, he wasn't going to tell them who that someone was. They'd try to interfere, otherwise. And if Inferno really was here, then he was his to deal with. Nobody else.
Zenith
Zenith

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:04 pm

Joule felt the change in the air instantly; partially because of his powers, and mostly because he had spent enough time around Kade to recognise it. Something was definitely not right.

Be ready.

For what?

For anything.

"Is everyone going downstairs then? Wouldn't it be best to split up?" He couldn't even remember what the plan he and Acrylic had proposed was. This is why he never made plans - he rarely ever remembered them.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtieStroke Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:13 am

Acrylic held up her fist to stop the group, then sent a general MeChip message to the group:

Everyone stay still. Joule, keep up the barrier. Kade, point out the eavesdropper. Everyone, get ready for a fight
ArtieStroke
ArtieStroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenith Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:00 am

This was where that feeling of wrongness was coming from- the basement. Where ever he went, Kade could always feel the metal and electrical currents that ran through buildings. And down here, there was no electricity. There were lights, sockets, wires in the walls, he could feel those. But actual electrical power? Nothing. It was as if it had been turned off on purpose. And that smell was stronger here, but still no sign of Inferno.

His mind screamed 'trap' at him. Even so, he directed the build up of electricity from himself and into the lights. And... nothing. There was no one here. How could that be? He knew his father was here, the smell wouldn't be that strong if he had left-

There was a hallway. Leading off from the basement. He mentally told Glitch to ping that on a map for everyone else's MeChips, then headed for it.

And froze just at the entrance.

There was someone there.

He couldn't see them, it was too dark, but he could feel them. They were all metal and hidden electrical impulses, a mass of it standing at the end of a hallway full of nothing. He got Glitch to send this back to the others, and was about to get ready for a fight- an easy one, if this person was metal, he could crush them in seconds.

Then he saw fire at the end of the hallway.

It was him, it had to be, there was no way he could ever forget the shape of his fire winding up his arms, even in pitch black darkness. He wasn't sure how long he stood there, frozen. He didn't move until his father finally spoke.

"Hello, boy."

Kade snapped. Fear burned away, anger and hate taking it's place as he launched himself down that hallway, spamming the others with the message 'INFERNO' and ignoring whoever the second person with all the metal might be. It didn't matter, though, they were already speeding past- literally speeding, they moved so fast they were a blur as they headed up the hallway and towards the stairs.
Zenith
Zenith

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtieStroke Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:50 pm

"Wait!" Acrylic nearly said, cursing under her breath as Kade headed off on his own. Dammit! Looks like infiltration was doomed from the start. She dashed towards the stairwell, signalling the others to follow. Halfway down the stairs she received Kade's ping- a part of the blueprints that wasn't there before. Double dammit!

As the group reached the bottom of the stairs, Acrylic at the lead, she nearly ran headfirst into someone- someone made out of metal. She skidded to a stop, flipping out of the way as the metal man bowled into the group. Kade was sending the same message over and over now- INFERNO. Who was Inferno? Acrylic cought the glow of fire down the secret hallway. Dammit Kade, you're gonna get yourself killed running off alone!

"Joule! Down the hall! We'll take down chrome dome here!" She shouted, whipping out her staff and charging the metallic adversary without even a moment's warning!
ArtieStroke
ArtieStroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:26 am

Everything stopped the moment Kade darted off. The moment that one, single word was sent to them.

Inferno.

Joule knew. He knew about Kade's father, he knew about their history, his mother. And he knew how dangerous Inferno was. Most of all, he knew he could not let Kade face him by himself. And in that moment where everything had stopped, everything also faded; the hate, the anger, the sadness, each word spoken, the hurt and confusion from their fight, they all vanished, replaced by only one overwhelming desire to keep that one person who had just rushed off safe. He needed to keep Kade safe. Nothing else mattered.

Joule didn't need to hear it from Acrylic, to run after Kade. He dropped everything, the invisibility field, the plan, his calm, logical facade, dropped it all and ran, ran like he had never ran before.

"KADE!" he called out, wishing that his voice could carry him faster.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenith Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:26 pm

Now that they were in the light, it was clear to see that the metal adversary wasn't actually made of metal. They were covered with it, a suit of segmented metal plates on top of white leather, complete with a helmet, the bright yellow visor the only spot of colour on them.

They stopped suddenly as they reached the stairs, a stop that would cause whiplash in a normal person, doubling back on themselves at a much slower pace. They cast Joule a glance- or what could be taken as one, since it was impossible to see their face through the visor- but let him pass unhindered, turning their attention to Acrylic as she charged.

A shake of the arms, a click, and they unsheathed long metal blades, that came out of their wrists. With a burst of super speed, they charged her as well, one blade raised for an attack.

---

Kade could hear shouting behind him, but he hardly registered it. The only thing that mattered to him right now was the man standing at the end of that hallway. He clenched his teeth, his fists, tensed his body and filled the air with crackling electricity as he rapidly closed the gap between himself and his father. The man didn't even flinch as Kade collided with him in an explosion of electric and fire.

The hallway shook, chunks of concrete falling from the ceiling and blasting out of the wall, filling the already dark tunnel with dust. Light from Inferno's fires cut through the dust and dark, as he staggered back from the impact- and from Kade, who had been moving so fast that he'd met the explosion and been thrown back onto the floor, electricity sparking from him. Kade forced himself to his feet, already drawing on the building's electricity from the wires, charging up for another attack. He couldn't use any metal, not here, the place would collapse on top of them.

And Inferno was laughing. That manic, arrogant laugh echoing down the hallway, as he raised a wall of fire between himself and Kade, just as Kade threw himself at him again.

Kade managed to stop himself before he met the fire, growling in anger as he watched Inferno dissappear down the hallway. Something in the back of his mind told him that he shouldn't follow, that that was exactly what his dad wanted, but he didn't listen. He blasted more electricity at the flames, not caring that he'd caused more explosions, and flew off down the hallway after Inferno. And getting further and further away from the others.
Zenith
Zenith

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:26 pm

Nat was panicking, he knew, yet could do nothing to stop himself. Images of Kade killed in every way imaginable flashed before his eyes as he ran, and he tried to shut them out with little success.

Kade. Kade no, NO you idiot, no!

Noise. It came from further down the hallway; Nat tried to follow it. They were the sounds of a fight unfolding; he had to move faster. He tried to use his powers, to make himself move faster, but it was impossible to concentrate enough to make it work. In his panic, Nat only managed to make himself move slower through space, and it took him several minutes to realise, and spit out a collection of colourful words. He had no time for this.

"KADE COME BACK!"

They were moving further and further away from the others, Inferno was luring Kade away, isolating him. Nat wouldn't let him. He ran, and turned, and then changed ways when he realised he had taken a wrong turn and found a dead end instead of Kade. It could have been worse. It could have been a dead Kade. Swearing repeatedly, Nat rushed to the - hopefully - right direction this time.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtieStroke Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:44 am

As the power suited man charged back, Acrylic leveled her staff and extended it with force at him, aiming for his gut. She could feel the shockwave and the heat from Kade's battle as it echoed further down the hall. Acrylic only hoped that Joule could get to him in time. But in the present, she still only had one thing in her focus.

"Power Pole Extend!"

Dammit even in a serious moment you've gotta be a giant fucking nerd, Acrylic.
ArtieStroke
ArtieStroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenith Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:11 am

He was losing him. How fast was that fucking man moving? Propelled by fire, probably. Kade focused, putting more energy into catching up with him, moving so fast that he just barely realised that the tunnel had opened up into a large room. He abruptly stopped, unable to make time for a proper landing and went skidding across the floor.

Forcing himself to his feet, he immediately looked for Inferno, seeing him standing across the room, all flickering flames and smug smiles. It took him a second to process why his dad was smiling like that.

There was nothing here. No metal, no wires, everything that had been in the tunnel had been left far behind. There was nothing Kade could use here.

That.... that was fine. He could just use his own power. But then, he'd used up a lot of it getting here. Okay, he'd draw from further away instead. Only he'd never done that before. Of course, Kade wasn't thinking about that. The only thing on his mind was making his father pay. So he did it, he put every ounce of his will into finding distant currents, even pulling from the earth's own magnetic field to build up enough power.

Too much power. There was so much of it, it was threatening to explode, to take him over and go wildly out of control. He wouldn't have cared, he would have let it happen- if he hadn't heard Nat screaming his name in the tunnel behind him.

At that split second where Kade lost concentration and control, Inferno attacked. There wasn't even any fire in it, just a punch to the jaw. Kade's powers flared, electricity snapping and filling him as he reeled from the pain. And then he blacked out. Too much. It was just too much power, too much strain, he couldn't handle it.

He was barely aware of his father muttering "Pathetic," as he was dragged up by the hair.

---

The metal clad attacker changed the angle of their blade mid-charge, catching the pole aimed for their gut and parrying it away just before it made contact. They flipped to the side, moving oddly gracefully for someone dressed in a suit of armour. Without a moment's pause, they moved in for another attack, ducking down to sweep their legs under Acrylic's.
Zenith
Zenith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next