GG's Divine Queer Posse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not harassing Nathan [Joule, Phoenix]

2 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Not harassing Nathan [Joule, Phoenix] - Page 7 Empty Re: Not harassing Nathan [Joule, Phoenix]

Post by Joule Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:16 am

Joule didn't think Nathan was lame. Joule didn't think Nathan was lame at all. In fact he somewhat admired him, though he would never admit it. Joule admired Nathan like he admired the superheroes in the comic-books, like he had admired Rebellion before he had gone bad. He looked up to him, felt a faint form of respect towards him, and was impressed at the amount of things Nathan knew, as well as his observation abilities. He admired his kindness, his ability to bring out the best in people, how clever he was, how good he was with his guitar, not to mention- how was his penis that large? Joule's own was very big but then Nathan came along and put his to shame. He didn't feel jealous or intimidated. He just admired him.

"Okay! Just give me a couple of days and I'll have everything ready to begin!" He returned Nathan's grin.

Nathan was looking increasingly excited about this, despite all his worries, and that spurred Joule to be even more so.

("Yay I'm getting senpai excited in things I wanna do yay I'm making him interested in me~")
Joule
Joule
Admin

https://divinequeerposse.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Not harassing Nathan [Joule, Phoenix] - Page 7 Empty Re: Not harassing Nathan [Joule, Phoenix]

Post by Phoenix Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:48 pm

"Alrightie then! Just let me know when everything's set up so I can make sure I won't have anything planned for the day," he said. It was nice. Even though he was still very worried about what might happen, Joule seemed confident, and Joule also used his powers a lot more than what Nathan ever did, so he liked to believe that the other was able to tell when he reached his limits.

It was also nice to be able to hang out with Joule as well. He really wasn't bad as what Nathan had thought, and he was extremely grateful for that. Joule was a decent guy, once you got past the exterior.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:08 pm

It didn't take long at all. Some phone calls, jokes, laughs, and hands shaken later, they were provided with their own spaces, equipment, everything, ready to begin their experiments.

"We are good to go~" Joule slinked his arm around Nathan's shoulder, grinning as always. "No one will be bothering us, and it's quite far from any residential areas so it'll be safe! And while we're at it, we can see if we can figure out that thing with the disappearing energy I told you about. Cause like you say it's impossible to destroy energy and that sounds quite right but then again altering the laws of physics is what I do so maybe I did do it then but then again maybe you're right maybe I did just dissipate it and didn't realise I did it I mean it's not like I have done anything like it before and I haven't been able to do it again since then anyway everything just happened really fast y'know so yeah it would be cool it find out about as many things as we can!"

He took in a deep breath, having said everything in one excited go.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:35 pm

Nathan blinked as his mind tried to keep up with what on earth Joule was trying to say, because wasn't it important to breathe at some point? Was Joule breathing? It didn't seem like it. Nathan actually found it difficult to keep up with what Joule was trying to say anyway. He got the important parts though. An area safe for them to conduct the experiments in, and something about seeing if they could figure out what Joule had done to avoid the sea mine from blowing him and Kade up.

"Right, gotcha," he said, nodding with a small smile on his face. It would be interesting to see to what extent Joule's powers went, and plus, they were going to try and make a wormhole. A mother fucking wormhole, something straight out of science fiction, and never before seen! And hopefully they wouldn't accidentally make a black hole which would destroy their entire galaxy.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:43 pm

Joule wasn't thinking about the creation of black holes and the underlying dangers and what this experiment could mean from a scientific point of view. He was thinking about food shopping, stocking up the place with enough healthy snacks and ingredients for good meals, as well as orange juice, which he knew Nathan liked. He was also thinking about clothes and beds as all those things because who knows maybe they would get tired and would need the rest or perhaps their clothes would get burnt or have some substance he wouldn't be able to name spilt on then and it would probably be good to have an extra pair of trousers and shirts around. Not that Nat was a huge fan of clothes, but it was best to be prepared for these kind of things.

"I've got everything set up~" he walked up to Nathan the next day, boiling the water for his usual cup of tea. "We can leave whenever you want to. I've spoken to GG and he's agreed to give us as many days off as we'd like but like he will probably send a camera with us. Anyway, it's gonna be so cool!"
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:59 pm

Nathan had to admit that the other worked fast. He had been busying himself by looking through old notes and calling up his old professor to see if she had anything to say that he may have missed out on in all of the excitement, and to discuss potential theories that may hold merit.

He smiled at Joule, actually feeling excited for everything. They were going to attempt to create wormholes, which was super exciting, and a big break through in the world of science! And they were at the forefront of it! "Well, I'm ready to leave whenever!" He had probably been ready to go from the very start, but Joule didn't need to know just how eager Nathan was for this. It would be a groundbreaking discovery if they could create a wormhole! It was like taking a little kid to the candy shop and letting them buy whatever they wanted. And the subsequent sugar rush afterwards was what Nathan was feeling at the moment. God, this was so cool! Not even the voice was able to dampen Nathan's mood. Science!
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:51 am

The journey to the testing area was quite long, and Nathan had for some reason insisted that they flies quite close to the ground. Joule tried to argue against it, but ultimately the other man's stubbornness won. He did consider manipulating their speed, to get there faster, but flying so low meant that they needed to be able to maneuver easily around possible objects or buildings in their path. And anyway, Joule somehow doubted Nathan would allow him to mess with his speed.

"Ta-DA!" He held his arms out, as if presenting the most exquisite show in existence. There was nothing there. Dirt. The occasional cacti and shrubs. The sky. Distant mountains.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:08 am

Well, on the one hand, there was no sign of civilization so they wouldn't have to worry too much about accidently killing a portion of the populace. On the other, if this was it, they were going to have a hard time collecting any sort of data. Unless Joule had somehow made it do that the cacti were actually capable of recording data and printing it off. For all Nathan knew, it was possible. But he was also fairly certain that there to be something more than just this because it was Joule. Nathan did not see the other voluntarily spending more time in the desert than was absolutely necessary.

"If a cowboy shows up, I'm just gonna hide behind you 'cause I really don't feel pike reenacting an old Western movie," Nathan joked, glancing around. He almost kind of was afraid a gun slinging outlaw would appear. Nathan had never been out in the desert before. There hadn't ever been a need for him to be. So what did he know to expect? Well, he expected the cacti, but that was about it.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:56 am

"What if I put on my cowboy hat, sunshine?" Joule flagged him one of his cheeky grins, winking at him.

He waited for just a few minutes longer, enjoying the look on the other's face, clearly curious about the place they'd arrived at.

"Don't look so disappointed!" half walking half skipping to the nearest cactus, he reached out and fiddled with the plant, as if pushing buttons. "I never disappoint~"

With a rumble the ground began to shake and part, revealing a large set of stairs leading deep into the ground.

"Did I mention my friend is into James Bond movies?"
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:17 am

"If you put on a cowboy hat, then I'm outta here. I've seen enough Westerns to know that 'this town isn't big enough for two cowboys' and as such, another will appear, there will be gun shots, and I'll probably get shot. It was like a law back then that one visible minority character must die. Man, what a weird time that must have been," Nathan mumbled, shaking his head. He watched Joule skip over to the cactus and start to poke it. That was when Nathan knew something up, proving his early suspicions. Cactus were prickly, so obviously, Joule had to be doing something and not just fiddling with a cactus.

Unless he had gone crazy. Had he gone crazy? What was the protocol when a teammate goes crazy?

Nathan looked at the opening of the earth, really not sure what else he should have expected. This was Joule. Weird things happened around Joule. Rich people were weird. What kind of friends did Joule have, exactly?

"So does that mean I gotta worry about any sharks with lasers?" he asked, raising an eyebrow, since finding out about an underground base was weird. But considering he had been expecting maybe a flying base, or an invisible one, it was probably a lot more sensible. But sharks with lasers... That was a big possibility. Underground bases ALWAYS had sharks with lasers.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:24 pm

"Sharks with lasers?" Joule chuckled, heading down the stairs, the lights coming on as he walked past them. "My, you certainly are old-school, sweetheart. I can acquire sharks with lasers if that is what you truly desire. Shall I make the necessary phone calls?"

The staircase had looked longer than it was. It didn't take long for the two to reach the bottom, a plain, grey room with a stuffy smell, at the end of which stood a steel elevator door.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:01 pm

Nathan followed quickly after Joule, glancing around and taking everything in. Underground bases were cool, however, it wasn't as impressive as it could have been. And it was worrisome to him that they were going to be underground, but he would be allowed to go back up to the surface. No one would try to keep him down here against his will, would they?

"Heh, nah, I think we should leave the sharks in the ocean and laserless," he said, grinning as he shoved his hands into his pockets. "It would make more sense to get a bunch of storm troopers, because obviously from movie logic, both are just as good at hitting the intruders."
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:23 pm

"And I thought you and I were more than capable of handling intruders by ourselves. But don't worry, if you're scared I'll protect you~" he turned back to chuckle at Nathan, and missed the last step, nearly stumbling across the room. As if nothing had happened, he straightened himself up and walked over to the steel door, pushing the button to open the doors.

"After you!" He kept the button pressed for Nathan to enter.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:38 pm

Nathan had to hold back a snicker when Joule, oh so confident, smooth, graceful, and a whole bunch of other words he would have learned if he had ever payed attention in English class, missed the last stair. It was like witnessing a glimpse of the Lochness monster and a unicorn drinking tea together.

He had to clear his throat to try and keep from bursting into a fit of giggles as he walked into the elevator, a goofy grin on his face. Acting out the part of a blushing lady, he fanned himself with his hand.

"My, what a gentleman," Nathan said, doing his best impersonation of a woman(which is surprisingly good. Man, he never actually realised how high his voice could go), throwing in a high class English accent for good measure. Joule may be able to manipulate the sound waves, but at least Nathan knows that he can do great impressions without the need of powers.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:42 pm

Joule burst out laughing as he walked in the lift, not the forced, polite kind thrown around in social situations, but a heartly, genuine laugh, which even showed in his eyes.

"You'd make a fine woman Nathan! I am positively charmed!"

He pushed the 'down' button with one hand, the other rubbing Nathan's back appreciatively.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:50 pm

"I used to have a cousin that whenever she was around, used to force me into dresses and make up," Nathan said, a lopsided grin on his face, glad that Joule had found his little act amusing. He loved it when he made people laugh and smile, and there was no way Joule could have faked that laugh. It was a nice laugh too. Absolutely genuine. "She thought it would be funny to teach me how to be a girl. I don't think many little boys could say they were taught how to be ladies."

Unfortunately, or fortunately, it was a bit more difficult to find a dress that suited him nowadays. It was like they didn't bother making dresses for men. Not that he would ever say that out loud. That would be weird. Thinking it was weird. The voice was laughing at him.

Nathan felt himself flush slightly at a comment the voice made.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:06 am

"Too bad they don't really make dresses in men's sizes huh? You'd have thought that after all these years they'd be more open about these kinds of things!" Though he did chuckle, there wasn't any mockery in his tone.

With a screech, the lift came to a stop, the doors sliding open to reveal a bland hallway with white lights. It was dusty and there didn't seem to be much around, but Joule still had an excited grin on his face, as he took Nathan's hand and dragged him forward, like an impatient child.
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:13 am

"Yeah, too bad," Nathan mumbled softly. Would he wear a dress though, if he could fit into it? He didn't know. Why had he even allowed the topic to invade his mind? God, it seemed like his brain had taken to betraying him and thrusting him into awkward scenarios as well.

Nathan took quick steps to keep up with Joule, not wanting to wind up being dragged through the hallway. His legs worked perfectly fine after all, even as he glanced around in curiosity. Outward appearances didn't mean much, and Nathan was sure this was going to be like outside. A slightly disappointing exterior with an amazing interior.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:46 am

Of course Nathan had been absolutely right. Soon the hallway came to an end, at a rather disinteresting red door, which Joule opened after entering the appropriate password. The doors opened automatically, revealing a sight to behold. Enormous chamber, clean white walls, enectronic equipment everywhere, machines that Joule had no idea what the use of was, screens, holo-screens, desks, files, and a lot of free, empty space. Free for testing. The large chamber split off to several smaller, probably bomb-proof, rooms, with equipment of their own, and large, glass windows for looking into them and observing the experiments.

Joule did a twirl around. "Look at this stuff, isn't it neat?~ Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?~" He considered making his voice like Ariel's, but he remembered that changing his voice made Nathan uncomfortable, so he went for the natural alternative and just sang in a more high pitched voice. "Wouldn't you think I'm the boy... The boy who has... Everything?~"
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:02 am

It was everything. All these machines, ones he had only seen being used at the best rated universities around the globe, machines that were only accessible to a select few. Any piece of equipment they could possibly ever need was here, and Nathan was more than a little dumb struck. It was an amazing sight to behold, like a dream come true for a little kid in a candy shop. It was... It WAS a scientist's dream come true! Anything they could possibly need for their experiments was here.

Nathan glanced around, resisting the urge to let loose a high pitched squeal of excitement, mouth slightly agape. It took him a moment to come back to the real world, as he heard Joule singing Part of Your World, a smile spreading across his lips.

"I dunno about everything," Nathan teased, even though the room did have everything. "If you wanna be really accurate to the song, you'll probably need a marble statue of some prince, y'know." But it was amazing. Nathan had never seen anything like it before, and he was unspeakably grateful to Joule for bringing him here, hell, to be letting him take part in an earth shaking experiment! He could almost faint, it was so exciting!
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:20 am

"If you wanted to pose for me I'm sure I could whip something up!"

He was amused and somehow pleased Nathan had known of the song and the movie it was from - most people wouldn't have guessed, let alone known the statue reference.

"So, mr. Prince, where do we even start from? You're the science guy here."
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:25 am

Mr Prince? Nathan had to refrain from snorting at that. But Joule did bring up a good question-- where were they supposed to start? Nathan hummed softly, rubbing along the side of his neck as he thought, idly tracing the scar.

"Well, first we will need to test and see if your powers really do have the potential to create a wormhole. So, we need to see if it is possible for you to manipulate negative mass, and how that will affect you," Nathan said. He had put a lot of thought into this. While it would be amazing to create a wormhole, Joule's health came first and foremost, and while the other may be confident in his powers, Nathan was unsure. He wasn't going to let Joule push himself too far, not on his watch.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:53 am

(YAY finally back at a place with almost proper Internet)

"Well... Yeah? Sure?" Each word was an excited question. He had no idea how he would do this, but he was more than willing to try. "How do I even start? I guess you've kinda gotta explain it to me huh? Which space do you think would be best to do this in? What about those secure rooms with the window and stuff because that way you could stay out and I could go in and you could guide me from there so you're not in danger cause I wouldn't want you to get hurt."
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:29 pm

(Hooray!)

Nathan didn't really feel like pointing out that it would be more likely for permanent damage of any kind to be done to Joule, but the other was being thoughtful, and it would be wrong for him to be a nitpick over that. It wasn't often that Nathan had really seen Joule being focused on anything other than himself.

"Yeah, it would probably be easier in a secured room, since we really don't know what to expect," Nathan said. "But, we'll need to put sensors and monitors on you so that I can keep an eye on your vitals. Just in case." Precautions were an absolute must, considering he would be unable to monitor all of this himself if they were in different rooms. Nathan was infinitely worried about what might happen to Joule during their experiments. He didn't want to risk Joule being hurt.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Joule Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:34 pm

Joule hadn't even noticed that he had been considerate, and that he had in fact expressed care for Nathan's wellbeing. He never cared for anyone else.

"Oh... I..." He scratched the side of his arm, feeling vulnerable as he always did when the subject of his health came up. "Actually my meChip monitors my vitals 24/7 - Helen's strict orders. It has for the past eight years of my life. So... I could get it up on the screen for you I guess if you wanted...?"
Joule
Joule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next